Childcare Provision for the Children of Key Workers
As of Monday, our school will be closed to support the Local Authority plan of having local area Hubs to provide childcare for the children of key workers.
This will ensure that many schools are deep-cleaned and that local areas reduce the number of staff attending, in-line with government guidance.
The childcare for children of key workers from our school will be based at Jericho Primary School, during the hours of 8:45 am to 3.20pm.
- A member of staff from our school will not be in attendance every day due to a rota system. We will however be in close contact with the hub and the staff.
- By requesting a place in the Hub, we are assuming that you are accepting the need for us to share relevant information; such as contact details, Education Health Care Plans etc. Please contact me if you wish to discuss this.
- All volunteer staff, no matter which school they are from, will have photo ID and DBS details with them each day. This will be checked by the Hub.
- Children will remain with pupils they know from their own school wherever possible.
- Social and physical distancing measures will be in place at all times.
- There will continually be regular contact between headteachers to ensure the highest level of care and behaviour.
- Lunches – you will need to provide a packed lunch for your child(ren).
We will be contacting parents who have told us that they are key workers over the next 24 hours to ensure we know when childcare is required and will co-ordinate this information directly with the Hub school.
We know that these are difficult times for everyone and want to assure you that we will continue to support you and your children as much as we possibly can during the coming days and weeks.