PE & Sport Premium Strategy 2020
PE and school sport play an essential role in school life and the team at Hensingham Primary School are constantly seeking to improve and enhance the provision of sport and wider curriculum opportunities. We believe that PE and school sport contribute to the holistic development of children and, through active participation, our children are enabled to build on and develop our key values of Respect, Responsibility and Resilience.
We are therefore delighted to be able to use the sport premium funding to support the development of PE and extra-curricular sporting opportunities in the following ways:
- Provide specialist coaching during curriculum time for all classes
- Use specialist coaching to provide ongoing, continuous CPD for all teachers, enhancing the delivery or PE throughout school
- Enable increased participation in and out of school clubs
- Provide a cycling proficiency training course for year 6
- Develop resources for encouraging physical activities during playtime
- Entry to inter-school tournaments and competitive events
We continue to offer a wide range and number of in-school activities to pupils across the school.
In the academic year 2020/21, our ability to offer the full range of after school sport and well-being activities is currently limited due to Covid restrictions on mixing year groups. A full range of after-school and inter-school activities will resume as soon as is practically possible.
Our overall aim is to raise standards in PE and school sport, increasing the participation and opportunities offered to our children. We aim to provide higher quality lessons and improved provision and outcomes for all. We aim to improve the overall health and well-being of our children and address issues such as childhood obesity in a positive and proactive way.