Welcome to Reception. We look forward to meeting you
INFORMATION WE NEED FROM YOU :
- Data Collection – Collect From Office
- All About me – Click Here !!
- Order your child’s uniform via Hensingham Primary School (border-embroideries.co.uk)
- Free School Meals. All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM), regardless of income or circumstances. On top of this, we encourage all parents to check if they are eligible to apply for Free School Meals (FSM). For every child that is entitled to Free School Meals the school receives extra funding to enhance provision and improve progress and outcomes for children. Please apply even if you do not wish to take up your free school meal. Apply for free school meals and clothing vouchers | Cumbria County Council (cumberland.gov.uk)
- Coolmilk www.coolmilk.com Register your child for milk, if you would like them to receive it (WHPS pays for milk until your child’s fifth birthday). www.coolmilk.com
KEY DATES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
Friday, 9th June 2023
Deadline for submitting: Data Collection Form and the All About Me Form
Friday, 9th June 2023 – 3pm -4pm
New Reception 2023 Parents Official Welcome Evening – a welcome talk, meet the staff and a run through of routines and key information. Please attend without pre-schoolers
Monday, 26th June 2023 – 1:45pm – 2:45pm
Stay and play date
Thursday, 29th June 2023 – 1:45pm – 2:45pm
Stay and play date
Wednesday, 5th July 2023
Whole School transition morning. Children to come to school for 9:30am and be collected at 11am
Tuesday, 18 July
Tapestry account activation emails sent to parents.
Singing and Story Sessions by your Reception Team: These videos will be uploaded shortly to our website, under Reception 2023. This is one of the aspects of our transition process, allowing your children to start to see and hear more of us before they meet us in person.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR YOUR DIARY FOR THE FIRST TERM
Wednesday, 13 September 2023 – 15:30-16:30
Reception Curriculum Evening – discussing valuable skills to assist your child’s learning throughout the year ahead, including information about the delivery of the EYFS curriculum and our phonics programme.
Friday, 15 September – 9:15am-10:15am
Reception 2023 Parents Coffee Morning for an opportunity to socialise with other parents without pre-schoolers.